Kids Without Limits
Halloween is just around the corner! Spooky characters, bright lights and lots of sugar can mean sensory overloads and overwhelmed kiddos. Here are some of our favourite alternatives to trick-or-treating that you can use to keep Halloween fun for your family.
- Halloween treasure hunt. Hide treats around the house/yard and have your kiddos hunt them down.
- Pass out candy together in costumes. This is a fun way for kids to still be a part of trick-or-treating.
- Do a spooky Halloween craft. Check our Pinterest for ideas!
- Set up a Halloween or autumn themed sensory bin.
- Turn your house into a haunted house or Halloween carnival. Make it cute and quirky or scary, depending on your kiddo. Invite some friends too!
- Watch Halloween movies, with popcorn and treats.
- Bake some sweet spooky treats.
What are some of your favourite trick-or-treating alternative activities? Let us know!
#withoutlimitsWednesday #halloween #yeg #autism