Halloween is just around the corner! Spooky characters, bright lights and lots of sugar can mean sensory overloads and overwhelmed kiddos. Here are some of our favourite alternatives to trick-or-treating that you can use to keep Halloween fun for your family.
- Halloween treasure hunt. Hide treats around the house/yard and have your kiddos hunt them down.
- Pass out candy together in costumes. This is a fun way for kids to still be a part of trick-or-treating.
- Do a spooky Halloween craft. Check our Pinterest for ideas!
- Set up a Halloween or autumn themed sensory bin.
- Turn your house into a haunted house or Halloween carnival. Make it cute and quirky or scary, depending on your kiddo. Invite some friends too!
- Watch Halloween movies, with popcorn and treats.
- Bake some sweet spooky treats.
What are some of your favourite trick-or-treating alternative activities? Let us know!